Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Beetle Bailey Awareness Training


You know, I think we've all became a little complacent when it comes to Beetle Bailey. I too am guilty, although I have to state for the record that for the last several years it has been one of the very few I read in the paper. I'd probably still read Snuffy Smith too, but that's another story. But do you realize that Beetle debuted on September 4th, 1950, an entire month before Peanuts hit the papers? And Mort Walker is still alive and kicking them out every day! Now, there's no comparing the genius of Schultz to the often pedestrian humor of Walker, but there's something to be said for longevity.

So read Beetle Bailey, dammit, and respect your comic strip elders! I plan on doing some extensive non-Wiki-fied research on this subject, so yes, there will be further Beetle Bailey Awareness Training.

No comments: